Saturday, November 26, 2011

Kids with Style

I have been thinking a lot about designing children's clothing.  I always find myself drawing inspiration from vintage designs when drawing up something new.  Most of these drawings, well all of them until this point, have been designs for adults.  I started searching up photos and designs of vintage style children's clothing and have been pretty let down for the most part.  That was until I found Blu Pony Vintage
There is something really adorable about seeing children dressed as little adults but it also helps that all of their kids that are modeling the clothing are absolutely beautiful children.  Using these classic designs, the pieces can easily become hand-me-downs that keep up with style trends.  The designs are timeless. 
Most of my closest friends have started their families so now I have no shortage of children to clothe.  But for now, its just design time.  Oh, and time for making holiday gifts for friends and family!

happy holidays!
-c

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful line. I would love to dress my kids in the clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't their clothes great? It also helps to have really adorable children modeling your clothing.

    ReplyDelete