Wednesday, November 9, 2011

here goes nothing.

hello there and welcome to wooden arrow.

first and foremost wooden arrow is about inspiration.  its all about pretty things.  tasty things.  things that make you smile.  things i want to share with you.  from finding to making to nesting.

my name is christina.  my mother was a seamstress.  so was her mother.  i still remember the first thing i ever sewed.  it was a pillow.  i remember it not being the prettiest pillow ever but i remember being really proud of it.  i also remember a lot of the crafts that my mother did when i was a kid.  you know, the big bows made of shoestrings, sweaters with puff paint, knitting blankets.  oh, and who can forget all the macrame?  although the puff paint sweaters and shoestring bows are not very chic these days, i still am inspired by her love of crafting.  i also adore vintage things.  from dresses to lounge chairs to old dishes.  i once had a crazy obsession with seeking out old vintage chairs.  this obsession is not so bad if you have a house bigger than my own. 

so here is the plan.  i recently quit my eight year run of working as a barista.  as much as i love coffee, my love for the needle and thread is stronger.  plus it was time to cut off the ol' college job and start moving on.  i want to follow my passion.  i want to create.  my place is not behind a bar, but behind a sewing machine.

so here goes nothing!

3 comments:

  1. So happy to see you doing what you love! I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So when I move back to Austin (January) and get a job (hopefully January?) and have dollars, I want you to make me something in exchange for dollars. Or at least hem my stupid long pants because I have silly short legs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassie - thanks! I am too. Mary - I would love to make you something...or just take up some long pants for you. We should talk more about it when you move back!

    ReplyDelete